34
Today was a day to be grateful for a few reasons:
Despite having no parents in the house, we were able to work together and get ready in time!
The kids were so WELL BEHAVED during Sacrament mtg, I smiled the whole time.
I got a new Sunday school teacher, and I love her already. The dynamic of the whole class has shifted completely, and I'm excited. She has a passion for the Gospel that is wonderful and contagious, and she is very obviously thrilled to be teaching us, which makes me feel super loved. I loved my old Sunday school teacher too, but I can already feel a change for the better happening, even after just one class period. Awesome!
May I just say how much I absolutely adore my YW leaders? I am so, so blessed. Every time I come to class, I'm overwhelmed with a sense of love both for them and from them. Today, one of my leaders made a very exciting announcement (she's pregnant with a little boy! Eek! So happy for her), and she brought some blue frosted cookies to celebrate. She knows I don't eat sugar, so instead of just getting the cookies and leaving it at that, she bought me a little pack of gum! I cannot BEGIN to describe how loved this made me feel. I'm used to passing up treats and other goodies. It's expected, and a normal thing for me. I'm not offended, and I don't get sad when I don't get treats. Like I said, I'm used to it. No biggie. But to have her remember me, and consciously make an effort to make me know I was loved was HUGE. I'll be smiling the rest of the week because of this! This isn't the first time she's done something so sweet, either. It's a normal thing for my YW leaders to make sure I feel loved. I really, really appreciate it, and I thank Heavenly Father for their selfless service to us. We can be a handful! ;^)
Tonight I picked my parents up from a choir tour they were on this weekend, and while we were on our way home, we almost got hit by a VERY drunk driver. Thankfully, my parents and I noticed before it was too late, and I was able to safely bring the car to a stop before anything horrible happened. Thinking about what may have transpired frightens me, and I am so, so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who looks out for me and my parents. I'm so glad I took the suburban, because it has good breaks. I'm grateful for being safe. I'm grateful to be alive.
Yesterday, Julia and I went to Sedona for the day! It was an amazing time, and I'm SO happy we went. Sedona is a beautiful, beautiful place to be, and despite getting a little sunkissed, it was super fun. I'm so glad I have good friends who are willing to do crazy things like that with me! It was a wonderful time, and I'll cherish those memories for a looong time. :^)
My baby brother slept in my bedroom last night, because of some drama with my other brother. The easiest resolution was to just have him stay with me, and it was totally worth it, because in the morning, I leaned over to check on him in his little bed, and there he was, just grinning at me. I LOVE that boy. He is the light of my life.
During October break, a bunch of my friends went to NY on a big field trip. I wasn't able to make it, but one of my friends promised to find me a souvenir. I didn't think much of it, but last night just after I got home from Sedona, they came to my house to bring me my souvenirs! They had gotten home barely an hour ago, and were positively EXHAUSTED, but they still found time to come see me! If that's not a day-maker, I don't know what is. I've got some pretty bomb guy friends, not gonna lie. It made me happy to see them, and my souvenirs were awesome! They made me a Lego mermaid (cuz I'm obsessed with mermaids, okay?) and some sugar-free chocolate syrup! It was pretty sweet of them. Plus, one of my friends played around with my dog, and may I just say that being a dog person makes you like 5X more attractive? Seriously so cute.