34
In case some of you haven't heard yet, I'm moving in December. Again. Before you freak out though, it's around the corner from where I previously live, so I will still be in my current ward. Pros? Bigger house, more bedrooms- yes, I get my own (meaning I can devote my closet to SHOES! ...And maybe a shirt or two), but I'm a little apprehensive about moving. You see, I've finally gotten attached to this house. It's home now. And when I get attached to something, I mean it. So this whole moving business is throwing me for a loop here, and I'm still not sure if I'm okay with this or not. But the fact of the matter is, its decided already. I'm moving, whether I'd like to or not, so I might as well get over it. But I'm going to miss a lot of things about this house, mainly:
My window seat. I LOVE my window seat. That's what helped me accept the awful color of my bedroom initially. Even though I had to endure a purple bedroom, at least I could have a window seat.
The windows. We have big windows, and I really enjoy big windows that let in lots of light. I also like staring out windows. It's peaceful.
The high ceilings. I've always wanted high ceilings, because they make a house feel so much more airy, and it makes the house seem bigger.
The plants. We have two trees in front, and the one nearest the door grows yellow flowers year-round, which is nice because flowers are one of my life's simple pleasures- and Dallin sometimes just gives me a flower for no reason. We also have a lovely jasmine plant by our door, and in the springtime, it smells delicious. We also have nice, shady trees in the backyard, and they grow blossoms in the spring, too. This last one is completely stupid, but when we first moved in, there was what seemed to be a weed growing by a gate in our backyard, and now it's growing into a young tree. I've only recently noticed it's progress, and it kind of saddens me that we don't get to watch it continue to grow. Silly, really, but there you have it.
I'll miss our treehouse, even though I've never even been in it before. :P
I'm going to really, really, really, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY really really really miss the greenbelt. The greenbelt was a source of peace to me when we first moved, and it was a place I could just walk and let my thoughts run wild with me. I love watching it fill with water when it rains, I love walking through it to the canal, just as the sun is setting, I love the silence. The greenbelt is what kept me sane so many, many times these past two years. I know it'll be there still, but it won't be RIGHT there when I need it. I know I can visit pretty much anytime, but I really like having it in front of me 24/7.
I'm really going to miss my neighbors, the Porters. I've just started feeling really comfortable with Sister Porter, my recently called YW leader, and I love how she is always just a house away, and I can talk to her often. She is the only leader who's ever made me feel this loved and special, and I feel like I can honestly consider her a friend. I just don't want to be separated.
As you can see, I have a bit of separation anxiety. I'll miss you, Decatur house.