34
For lack of something better to do, I will chronicle my break so far. I have the feeling you faithful readers want to read something other than my pointless rambling about the song 'o' the day, so I'll just tell y'all what I've been up to, bullet-style.
I've written a song, which is something I haven't done in a while. I thought it was fine, then I tried to sing through it and it had some rhythm problems, so I'll polish that up and I'll be perfectly happy. I kinda like it, because it pretty much outlines how I'm feeling as of late. I have an idea for a new song, but I just need to get the words in my head organized enough so that I can write it down. Don't expect me to sing it in front of you though. I'm weird that way- I want to be a musician, but it seems that I can't write anything good enough to produce it. Live and learn, I guess.
My siblings are driving me to distraction, and I just need to get OUT OF THE HOUSE. Seriously. I don't know what they are on, but it's awful. I just want to run away for a little bit, out to a park or someplace to collect my sanity.
I love dancing around the house, so I do it whenever I can. I also danced at the mall last night, in front of the world, and guess what? I didn't care. That feels so liberating, not caring about what total strangers think of you. It makes everything more fun. Also, I lipsynch all the time. All. The. Time. I don't know why, it's almost a knee-jerk reaction- if the song is out of my range, I'll synch it. Otherwwise, I'm singing. I can't seem to stop singing or dancing. Maybe I'm insane.
I want to live by the ocean.
My latest addictions- homemade hot chocolate, and this funny lettering I made up. I love drawing it because it's just so, so, trippy! And for the record, my hot chocolate is pure magic. I LOVE it so much, because it tastes like world peace, and snuggling, and skipping..... I just enjoy it. Here is the recipe:
DQ#1's Hot Chocolate Of Your Wildest Dreams:
1 can of dehydrated milk (you can use normal people milk if you want, but this tastes better. Richer, carmal-ier.)
1 heaping spoonful of cocoa powder
Honey (organic tastes best)
Heat up milk in a saucepan, on medium heat. Stir occasionally, making sure not to overheat or scald. Meanwhile, spoon out the cocoa powder into a good-sized mug. Drizzle honey on top of cocoa powder, until powder is covered with a layer of honey to taste. Stir cocoa powder and honey together until it becomes sticky and liquidy. At first, the mixture will look like dough, but just be patient and keep stirring. Your efforts will pay off. Taste the honey mixture, making sure it's sweet enough for ya. add more honey or cocoa powder according to your liking.
When milk is warm enough to comfort you, but not hot enough to kill your taste buds, simply pour it into your mug, and stir until the honey is melted into your drink. Enjoy thoroughly! Makes one serving of pure deliciousness.
I dreamed the other night that my mom woke me up, saying I was late for my wedding. Apparently, I forgot everything about my wedding day, because I didn't have a dress. photogapher, reception hall, or anything! I didn't even have time to do my hair/makeup, and I ended up wearing a silver prom dress (which weirded me out, seeing as how I didn't even remember graduating), and when I got to the temple, the only thing that relieved me was I was at least getting married in the temple. Then I saw my groom, and I was even more relieved, because he just looked so wonderful! He was genuinely happy to see me, and didn't mind in the least that I looked like a mess ON OUR WEDDING DAY. He just cared that I made it and was ready to do this. I felt so inadequate, but he reassured me that everything was gonna be okay; this day was just about us two. Thank you, mystery future husband. Keep up the soothingness, please. Another bonus? He was positively adorable. What a great catch!
Christmas is tomorrow. I can't seem to get "in the spirit", because it feels too soon! Wasn't yesterday New Years? Oh well, I can't do anything about it, so I'll just keep my mouth shut and go with it.
I'm a huge hypocrite. Why? Because I'll see someone short, and I'll start thinking, "holy COW that's a short person!" I'll continue on my short people judgement until I look down and realize.... I'm smaller than them. I'm also a hypocrite because I pity people with winter birthdays close-ish to Christmas, because it's just so lame! I mean, come on! When people give you presents, they always say it's "for your birthday AND Christmas!" that's so dumb! Poor winter birthdays. They are so ripped off! I would never want my birthday... 18 days after Christmas. I guess I fall into that category. So for whoever just got offended at reading this rant, I'm in the same boat. It's lame, lame, lame. In my opinion, anyway. I just forget that I'm in the same position sometimes, and I start feeling bad for them, and then I come back to earth and realize I'm the same. It's also kinda sad because family comes down for Christmas, and they've come down for my other sibling's birthdays, but not me, because it's too close. At least that's what it feels like somedays.
That's about it for my life lately. Good thing too, because you were about to just skip through this to see if I posted pictures or something. I understand.