34
This year, we're doing yet another cracked fairy tale poem. Don't know what I'm talking about? Check it.
On second thought, maybe you shouldn't. It's a really stupid poem, and now I realize why everyone secretly hated it in my ninth-grade English class. They didn't say anything positive about it, and I didn't get to recite it to the class, so that's what tipped me off. However, I think this poem is pretty funny. Judge for yourself:
Cinderella:
‘Twas the night of the ball and all over the floor
Were soap-suds and tearstains, strewn door-to-door;
For Cinderella was stuck here, cleaning a mess
Made by her two evil stepsisters no less.
As Cindy sat down for a long night’s sad cry,
A twinkling light appeared in the sky!
The girl was struck dumb, transfixed on the glitter,
When an old man popped out, and, giving a titter,
Called out quite loudly, “I am here! I am here!
You’ll go to the ball, now, please do not fear!”
The girl’s crying stopped; she asked, “Who are you?”
The old man chuckled, and produced a glass shoe.
“Why, I am your fairy godfather, silly!
I’ll give you your prince- but we can’t dally or dilly,
For at midnight all of my magic runs dry,
And then, my dear, you will wish to just die!
Because you’ll be wearing these rags,”- here he winced-