34
Since it's late, I'll spare you the gory details of opening night, tonight's show, yadda yadda yadda.
Instead, I'll share a little adventure that happened this evening.
Opening night's call was 5:00 pm, and I thought that would be the only night that call would be this early, seeing as how the show starts at seven. So, I rationalized, the call should be at 6:00 instead, so that there'd be less stress, etc.
After I got home from school, I decided to double-check the call time, and then the unthinkable happened:
THE CALL WAS AT FIVE THIRTY. MEANING, I HAD TEN MINUTES TO BE THERE. IT TAKES ABOUT FIFTEEN TO GET TO THE MAC. AAAAAAHHH!!!!!
So I started freaking out, and as I threw on some clothes, I looked frantically around for pants. The only pair I could easily get into was a pair of navy drawstring pants, so I yanked 'em on and ran out the door.
We reached the MAC at ten 'til six, so I booked it out of the car. I was flying like a bird of prey! I was running like a race horse! I was freaking out! I noticed a young man headed towards the same entrance I was. Normally in a situation like this, I would have collected myself and made myself look more appealing, but this was a crisis. This was an emergency. So I raced on, and only when they were around my ankles did I realize
MY
PANTS
HAD
FALLEN
DOWN.
May I remind you, I had no time to get fully ready, so the only thing under there was some panty hose and undies. So there I was, still running, now with my pants around my ankles. I just couldn't stop, so I grabbed them up and said coolly, "Well now, that was embarrassing, wasn't it?" to the young man in question.
Needless to say, I was quite embarrassed. However, I laughed about it the whole night, which is the most important thing, right?!
Right?