02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: Sunday Thoughts: The End of an Era. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Sunday Thoughts: The End of an Era.

34
"We are daughters of our Heavenly Father,
Who loves us and we love Him.
We will 'stand as witnesses of God
at all times, and in all things, and in all places'
As we strive to live the Young Women's values, which are:
Faith 
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity
and Virtue.
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
We will be prepared to strengthen home and family,
Make and keep sacred covenants,
Receive the ordinances of the temple,
And enjoy the blessings of exaltation."

I remember, six years ago, standing up for the first time in Young Women's and saying that beside other young women in my class. I couldn't believe it- I had become a Young Woman. I was going to go through my teenage years in this program, and I was going to change a lot in the next six years. I guess I just didn't know how much. 
Being in the Young Women's program has changed me for the better in so many ways. I've made so many friends in this program, peers and teachers. I've learned that love is so abundant among sisters- not just blood relations, but among the sisters in my ward. 
We really have been there for each other through everything.
And my leaders? Gosh, they've been so wonderful. They've been like mothers to me- warm, compassionate, caring, and some of my best friends. I really don't know what I would do without those leaders of mine. If you read this, be it one of my young women or one of my leaders- I LOVE you. I really, truly do. You've helped shape me in some way over the past six years, and I am so grateful for that. 

This Sunday was... Weird. It was my last Sunday not only in Young Women's, but also this ward. As of next week, I will officially be attending the Single's Ward! It's fast, but I need to start growing up somehow, no? 
Saying the theme for the last time brought on a barrage of memories in true movie-montage style. From me saying it for the first time ever, to the first time in my ward, to saying it with each of my sisters as they entered Young Women's. 
And yes, I totally cried. Just training for Relief Society! ;^)

What is the strangest thing about moving on from Young Women's is that after this, Relief Society is all I will ever be a part of. I can't re-start Young Women's. I can't go back to Primary and begin anew. I am now, and forever will be, a member of Relief Society. Sure, I may get callings elsewhere, but I am in Relief Society for good now! I know a lot of girls are afraid of entering Relief Society, but honestly? I couldn't be more excited. I've always gravitated more towards adults anyhow, and now I will be one of them! Wow! It will be such a blessing to serve with so many wonderful women. I already know that together we will do great things. 
So although it is a bittersweet parting, it is a beautiful one. I am more ready than I think I am, and I will be blessed in my new ward. 

Here's to adventures!

~Haeley

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38