02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: Food adventure #1: pumpkin smoothie. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Food adventure #1: pumpkin smoothie.

34
In keeping with my New Years resolution, I have decided to journal about my latest venture with food: the pumpkin smoothie. Sounds dreamy, right?
I was Pinteresting when the urge for pumpkin hit me. I needed it right. Then. But I didn't have the means or patience to make a pie, and I didn't know any other recipes! That's when I decided to surf the wonderful interwebs and find a solution. And that solution came in the form of a pumpkin smoothie!
I assembled the ingredients, blended it, and... Presto! Smoothie time!

The conclusion?
Not too bad... But definitely not my favorite. I was hoping for something a little more pumpkin pie-ish, and this tasted more like bananas and Greek yogurt (two of the ingredients). Which was weird, because I added less than suggested and put MORE pumpkin than was suggested as well! What gives, smoothie?

It smelled delightful, and I only wish it was as wonderful as the smell made it out to be. While it wasn't terrible, I probably won't be making this again anytime soon.
Oh well. What's done is done and cannot be undone. Onwards and upwards!

Stay hungry, friends.

~Haeley

Labels:

35 36 37 38