02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: A new beginning (and welcome to my blog!) 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A new beginning (and welcome to my blog!)

34
As of now, my blog is officially public!

That seems so weird to me... This has always been a private blog, and it's kind of crazy to think that I will no longer be in charge of who reads this little blog. It's out in the open for anyone and everyone to read, and who knows? Maybe they will.

This may not seem like a huge deal to you, but it's big for me. When I first started this blog almost 7 years ago, I had no idea I would come to care this much about it. I didn't think I would keep going as long as I have. I've never been good at journaling, so why would a blog be any different? I think I blog because not only is it easier to type than to write, but I can share it with people. I've been sharing it with people, and I love doing so.

That's why this is huge. I have spent almost 7 years of my life sharing what's gone on with me to my tiny audience. I wasn't afraid of holding anything back, because I knew they would still love me and it wouldn't be a big deal, but now there are going to be people I don't know reading this, and they will read those posts. They will know all about me, and they'll either love it or hate it.

It's scary, but I'm ready to do this. I WANT to expand my audience. I want people to see me as I've grown up- and I have. I became a teenager on this blog, and now I've become a (legal, at least) adult. In a few years, I will have pictures of my husband and I, and in a few more years, I will have pictures of my husband and children. And it will all be recorded here. Someday I will be able to show my kids how dorky I was as a 12-year-old little girl, and I'll be able to show them when I got engaged, married, and when I first found out I was going to become a mother. It'll be here! I think that's so amazing.

This is why I blog. Blogs can't be burnt in a fire. They can't run out of paper. They are HERE. And now, here it is, out in the open. Ready for you to read!

I can't wait to begin this new chapter of Have Fun, Be Weird. Some might think it's silly to invest so much emotion in a blog nobody cares about, but to me, this is my journal. This is ME!

Here's to many more years of blogging!

~Haeley

Labels:

35 36 37 38