02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: "Crazy" hair day. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

"Crazy" hair day.

34
About two weeks ago, as I was running bread route, I got a text message no girl ever wants to receive.
"your sisters have head lice" it said.
Instantly I began feeling nervous itches all over myself, but that's just the instant reaction to hearing that kind of news. I got checked out, and everything was okay.
Until today.
Last night, as I was slaving away over homework, my neck began to itch. I didn't think anything of it, until this morning, when it continued to itch and finally something fell into place: my two sisters' necks both itched when they had lice. That was a telltale sign. My insides crumbled as I realized what was happening. I was infected. I felt like I needed a bell to announce my unclean presence, the way a leper would in ancient times.

I felt like I was the dirtiest human being alive, and even though I know that isn't true, I still felt that way. It happens to all of us, and it's generally unavoidable. My mom checked my hair, and said she couldn't see anything for sure, that it might just be dandruff- which is still totally and completely gross.
I'm not gonna lie, chicos...
I wept. A lot. In fact, I'm still a bit teary-eyed (thanks, pms!). I cried about being gross, I cried about having my perfect hair ruined, I cried because I want it to be gone before Homecoming, I cried because I was embarrassed, basically I just cried over everything. But that's what happens when you are a woman. Sometimes you just need to cry it all out.
You could also be a cute male actor. I won't judge.
So here I sit, completely frazzled, feeling utterly disgusting, and really disappointed, because this week is Spirit Week, and today is crazy hair day.

Oh, cruel, cruel irony.
I hate the fact that I'm missing school. I am ruining my perfect attendance for SENIOR YEAR. This is it. I'm done. I can't fix it. I HATE that, but I can't risk spreading this. So I'm just going to have to suck it. up.


~Haeley

Labels:

35 36 37 38