02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: The temple 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The temple

34
I feel like I haven't chatted with you lovelies in quite a while! I've had some funny things happen recently that I really need to blog about, but for now I wanna talk about other things.
'Tis the season of love and marriage, it seems! So many of my friends, family members, and ward members are either recently engaged, recently married, celebrating an anniversary, or just feeling lucky in love it seems. One of my friends, Chloe, got engaged last night, and lemme tell ya- I am THRILLED TO DEATH! I've been waiting for this news for quite a while now. :^)
Thinking of her upcoming marriage, in addition to my dear cousin, Desiree's wedding in two months, makes me feel rather happy about life. If I'm being honest, almost nothing in this world makes me happier than people in love. I think it's one of the greatest things in life, and seeing two people head-over-heels in love makes me giddy as well!

Tonight, my family and I went to the temple to walk around, and when everyone else went into the Visitor's Center, I stayed outside to walk around. I saw so many young couples walking the grounds, dreamily staring into one another's eyes, holding hands, makin' plans, and generally enjoying time with their love. I couldn't help but get a little starry-eyed myself, so I sat down on a bench in the cactus garden to think. (fun fact: the bench in question is known among my family as the bench where my parents realized they were gonna get hitched!)

I started thinking of my beautiful friend Chloe, and how supremely happy I am that she found her soulmate. Then I let my thoughts wander a little bit more to my cousin Desiree's wedding, and then I began thinking of all the friends I have that are getting married soon. How wonderful it all was, especially the knowledge that most, if not all of my friends are getting married in the temple. Isn't that a wonderful thought?
I've been to a few civil ceremonies, and underneath the initial happiness I feel for the couple, I can't help but feel sad whenever I hear the words "until death do you part." To me, that is one of the worst sentences I could ever hear in reference to me. I don't want to be separated at death. I want to be with my wonderful husband forever. For all eternity. I refuse to settle for anything less, and I want to always be worthy of that wonderful blessing.
I am so, so excited to kneel across the altar, look up and see my soon-to-be husband, and hear the words the sealer will say that will bind us for time and all eternity. I'm excited to hold my new husband as we look into the mirrors in the sealing room, seeing our reflection go on forever and ever. I'm excited to embrace my family and feel their joy on that blessed day, and I am excited to hold mine and my husband's first baby, a few years down the road. I'm excited to be able to hold him or her and know without a shadow of a doubt that that precious baby will be mine forever, that we will be an eternal family, and nothing, not even death, can change that.

In this world today, I've noticed how casual the issue of premarital sex has become. I've read several articles stating that it's more important to teach the youth of today how to enjoy themselves sexually, rather than wait for the right time, the right person, and the right purpose to exercise that sacred part of us. To the world today, virginity is no longer important; in fact, it is seen as something to be ashamed of. Everyone, it seems, teaches us that virginity is a silly, old fashioned term that has become obsolete, and losing it sooner rather than later is a smart choice. "As long as you are enjoying yourself", they say, "it's alright! Embrace your sexuality! Give up a piece of you that is special and sacred! Disregard the rules as a thing of the past." I hate reading this. I wish being virtuous was something that every girl strove for. I wish remaining morally clean and pure was every little girl's dream.

But the truth is, it's not anymore. It's more popular to sleep around, and as long as you remember to bring your morning-after pill, it's perfectly fine to do whatever you desire.
I don't think anyone realizes the cost this has. Emotional baggage, for one thing, is high on the list. Next comes diseases and unplanned pregnancies. When you take all this into account, premarital sex doesn't seem appealing at all. At least to me. I'd rather wait.
In The Family: A Proclamation To The World, it states that "children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony." This is perhaps one of my favorite lines in the proclamation. It reminds me to keep my standards high so that my precious, beautiful children will be able to be born into a stable, eternal family. Doesn't every prospective mother want only the best for her child? I think that having children after marriage is one of the best things you can think to do.


I want to be able to look my daughter in the eye and say with complete confidence: "I waited for your father. We waited until after we were sealed for time and all eternity, and only then did you come into this world. I want nothing more than for you to do the same. I cannot adequately tell you the joy and peace it has brought to me!"
That sounds like the ultimate happily-ever-after. 
I love the temple. I really, truly do, and even though I know I don't go inside as often as I'd like, (I'm working on fixing that) I know that someday I will be in the sealing room, and I know that someday I will be sealed to a choice young man. All that's left for me to do is to keep progressing, keep a current temple recommend, and keep my standards high. The Lord will eventually lead me to a righteous companion, and soon enough I'll be just like my dear Chloe and Desiree: worthy and ready to be married! I'm so grateful for the examples in my life, and I pray that I'll continue to look up to them.


-DQ#1

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38