02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: The Story Of How I Got Asked. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Story Of How I Got Asked.

34
So.... I got asked to Homecoming today!!! It wasn't anything super elaborate, but this was probably one of the sweetest ways I've ever been asked to a dance before.
Story? Duh.
So I've had this hunch about who was going to ask me to Homecoming, mainly because the other day I was complaining loudly to my sister about how three (count 'em. THREE) of my guy friends are NOT EVEN GOING to Homecoming, and how bummish it all was, when Geneal and my friend, Tyler said
"Well, I'll be sixteen by then. I could take you!" I giggled flirtatiously and said alluringly,
"Oh my gosh, that would be so funny!" Then I winked at him six times. Just kidding. But really, I was really into the whole idea! Tyler is SUCH a sweet boy, and I know we would have so, so much fun together. So I began hoping and waiting.
Over the weekend I reasoned that he would probably ask me today (Tuesday), and I figured it would be something on my locker, so as we walked into school this morning, I felt a small twinge of disappointment at seeing a blank locker. So I opened it in the hopes that I might find something inside, but to no avail.
Maybe Tyler wasn't actually asking me?
As I went about my day, I noticed Tyler didn't really talk to me, which is weird, since he usually does. That was suspicious... But whatever.
Then things got really exciting!
In Drama, a guy came up and asked me if I was planning on going to Homecoming, or if I'd been asked. Truth be told, that weirded me out just a wee bit, as I'd already gone out with him, but I answered honestly.
"I haven't been asked yet," I said, "but I have a hunch about who might ask me..."
"Oh," he said, "cool. Just wondering, cuz somebody asked me about it today, so I said I'd investigate."
"Who asked you that?" I inquired.
"Your Ballroom partner last year... Tyler, I think it was." By this time, I couldn't stop grinning. I love being right! "Why? Who was your hunch about?"
"It was about Tyler," I confessed. "Is he gonna ask me to Homecoming?!?!?!!?"
"I can't tell you that!" he said, attempting to look nonchalant.
"I'm pretty much positive he's asking me, so you may as well just spit it out now," I said, cracking my knuckles menacingly. Just kidding.
"Okay, fine. He's totally asking you," He admitted. I then squealed and jumped up and down a few times, just for happy effect, and then made him swear not to tell Tyler that I knew. He swore, and then I went cheerily to Ballroom.
After school, I waited outside the multipurpose room in order to get some shade and maybe talk to some friends. Then, the unexpected happened. Someone was... Calling me on the phone?
"Haeley, where are you?" he asked.
"I'm near the multipurpose room..... Why...?"
"I've got someone who needs to ask you something!" We hung up, and I spotted him dragging along a mildly petrified-looking Tyler.
"Hey, Tyler!" I said sunshinily (definitely just made up that word), "That's a pretty awesome shirt you got there." It was true. He was holding a snazzy-looking Heritage Hero t-shirt, and for a second, I thought that was how he was going to ask me, via t-shirt. Rapidly, I began sifting through possible witty ways of asking someone out via t-shirt, but I came up blank.
"Yeah, it's the new student council t-shirt!" he flipped it over to show me the back, which had the names of all the student council officers emblazoned on it. Pretty sweet.
We stood there awkwardly for a second until the other guy prodded Tyler and said "GO!"
Tyler then proceeded to turn white. Hoping to spare him some embarrassment, I made a few more awkward comments about the shirt, and finally he looked at me.
"Haeley, will you, uh, go to Homecoming... With me?" He croaked nervously, going paler by the second.
"TYLER! OF COURSE I WILL!!! YESS!!" I squealed merrily, grinning and clapping my hands. I wasn't feigning surprise this time. I wasn't expecting to be asked flat-out like that, but hey! I'll take it! Tyler looked so relieved he stopped going pale, and instead turned quite red.
"Oh, good. I was SO NERVOUS." He said, shuffling his feet and still blushing.
"Tyler!! I'm so excited!!" I said again. I'm really creative when it comes to talking to people. Obviously. Then we hugged, and he stumbled away. I ducked into the multipurpose room to let my friends know, and Geneal told me how nervous he'd been all weekend. I felt (and still feel) so flattered that he fussed so much over this, just for me! I'm SO EXCITED to be going to Homecoming with someone as sweet and genuine as him, and I've already got some fantastic ideas for pictures up my sleeve. ;^) Stay tuned!

-DQ#1

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38