02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: Run! It's the Po-po! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Run! It's the Po-po!

34

Ugh, I feel like I dropped 10 IQ points just TYPING that title. But there is a purpose to it all, I promise! The purpose being....
I got pulled over yesterday.

Now before you jump to conclusions, I'm not going to juvie, (sp?) and I was perfectly sober, despite the fact that it was a Saturday night. No shenanigans like that for me!
I was actually working.
So, as some of you may know, I have a "job" driving my good friend Jennika to and fro all the while delivering delightful bread! It's not really "work", per se, because all I do is drive around town chatting, but I digress.
Back to my CRIME!
So, we were cruising along merrily down Val Vista, when all of a sudden cop lights came on behind me.
Instantly, my heart began to pound as if we were being chased by a crazed lion, rather than simply a man on a motorcycle. I started freaking out, and as I pulled over, Jennika and I said a quick prayer. Fighting back tears and pulling out my license, I rolled down the window as the cop approached us.
"Good evening, ladies," the cop said in an unusually cheerful voice.
"Hello, officer," we said somewhat less cheerfully.
"Do you know why I pulled you over?" He asked.
"Um.... I'm not actually sure," I said in a quavering voice. I had JUST BARELY checked my speed not ten seconds before his lights came on, and we were going exactly the speed limit, which is rare. (Not that I'm a speed demon.) I was pretty sure all the tags on this car were up to date, and I know I hadn't been swerving around. What had I done?!
"Oh, well, your headlights weren't on!" The officer chirped. I breathed a huge sigh of relief and flipped them on without difficulty. That was it? Way to make me almost pee myself, dude. But I was grateful that was the extent of the damage, and said another prayer of thanks as I passed over my license. I had ALMOST forgotten to bring my license, and I will forever be grateful I remembered. How awful would that be? Ugh!
He handed back my license, and as I looked at his face, I realized he was actually really attractive. What luck!

He looked into the car, and said incredulously, "WHAT is with all this BREAD?!"
We giggled and told him, and I almost gave him a loaf just for his kindness and surprising lack of scariness, but decided against it. I don't know the laws regarding giving food to men of action, but I didn't want to step on any toes, so I refrained, and got back on the road. As we drove away, Jennika and I both exhaled our breath that we'd been holding, and began laughing nervously. I cried a little from the nerves, but that was the only negative effect of that whole scenario!


I'm glad he was looking out for us, even though I may have ulcers now.

-DQ#1

Labels:

35 36 37 38