02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: Help Wanted. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Help Wanted.

34
Hey you guys!
This isn't a depressing post, in case the ominous title worried you at all. Just to get that out of the way. :^)
But.... I still need your help.
You see, today in YW, our leader gave a lesson on goal setting, and she told of how she was able to run a 5K by setting simple goals for herself, and it got me thinking: why can't I do that? What is stopping me from being able to run a 5K?
I know I have a tendency to not follow up on my goals and things like that, but really. There has GOT to be a first time for everything! And when I think about it, there are really more pros than cons, honestly, for example:
I think those are great reasons to begin running! But I can't do it on my own.
 I NEED YOU.
I need you to encourage me through comments, conversation, emails, texts... Really anything you can do to help drive me onward. I want to do this. I CAN do this. I WILL do this. But I need YOU to push me when I'm feeling lazy (which will happen), and to encourage me when I feel like giving up (which will also happen). Inspirational quotes can really help. I've got a few, but it never hurts to have more!
I think, to try to get myself to do this, I will have a weekly check-up on this here blog, letting you know how I'm doing and how I'm feeling. I think I'll do it Sunday nights, and if I forget or something, I need you to bug me about it! Bother me about doing this until I want to scream! I need to get there. I need to do this for me.
"The difference between a dream and a goal is a deadline"- Steve Smith. How true this is. I am going to do my research and find out when a 5K is happening near my area, and I will put it on my calendar, on my blog, on my mirror, anywhere I will see it so that I'm reminded of the time I need to be ready.
If anyone else wants to run with me, I will welcome them with open arms! The more the merrier, you know. We can push ourselves together! We can do this! Have faith.
It's going to be a hard road, but what's life without a challenge?
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." -Mark Twain
Thank you for all you do for me. I love you all.

-DQ#1

Labels:

35 36 37 38