02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: So there's this boy... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

So there's this boy...

34
The classic opening line for a confession, no? Anyway, let me tell you my story:
I walk into English today, nothing unusual. Then, when class starts, I glance over to the left of me, and sitting right there in the front,
is
this
boy. Dark brown hair, light, almost pale skin- not a pallid pale, more like European pale. A sexy pale. A pale you want to kiss- er, I mean, uh... Moving on. Nice complexion, and he is fit. Not overly muscular, but not flabby, just fit. Slim, and quiet, it seems. I realize I'm staring, and try to focus on class, but my gaze keeps drifting. I need him- I mean, I need his name. Turn around, Haeley, turn around and focus. Okay, maybe a quick peek- HOLY COW IS HE ACTUALLY LOOKING AT YOU?! TURNAROUNDTURNAROUND. He is so. Cute.
Later, when we do a freewrite, I raise my hand to make a comment. My peripheral vision tells me he is looking at me, soaking up every word I say. Okay, maybe not soaking up, but listening. Hmm. He's a gentleman. At least he pays attention. Then he raises his hand and makes a comment that I swear somehow relates to mine.
*Digression!*
You know how when there is a cute boy in the vicinity, your senses immediately zero in on him and you become acutely aware of every move they make? Even more bizarre, your Girl Senses take over and cloud your brain, deluding you into thinking he keeps looking at you. I shall now call this Deluded Girl Sense Syndrome, or DGSS. Anyway, your DGSS is making you crazy, and it's like he is permanently in your field of vision. And you subconsciously realize you keep staring back at him, except you make sure he isn't looking at you when you are checking him out. Suddenly, your DGSS sinks you lower, into hoping (and maybe praying?) that you have just ONE MORE CLASS with this boy, and then you start fantasizing him coming into your 2A class to TA with you, then you realize you are both madly in love with each other, and then you get married. Just silly things like that.
**Digression!**
I think I'm in love with MIKA. He is the vision of absolute perfection and I would give anything to kiss him. Muah. I love him I love him I love him.
I think our children would be beautiful.
***back to original story***
Hold on. I'm not done looking at MIKA. His face is beautiful. SDFLGKJSFL;JSFGL;JGF;KLJILOVEYOUMIKAAAADFJGKHNDVBKJNDFJN
Sorry. Ahem.
Anyway, my DGSS as seriously getting in the way of my focusing, when I finally catch his name- James. Isn't that a lovely name? James, James, James. I hope he has Seminary 1A or something.... That would be a treat!
Then my DGSS gets in the way AGAIN- in a negative form this time. I start worrying that he'd never, ever want to hang out with ME, when there are droves of popular, gorgeous girls crawling all over this school. Then I worry that he'll ask some popular chick to Homecoming, leaving me Forever Alone... But then a shred of hope comes peeking through the cloudy clouds of my mind: I'm sure all the popular girls will be taken pretty darn soon! And some of them already have boyfriends, so HA. They can't have him!!! I'm available, on the other hand..... I really hope he asks me.... Is it wrong to pray for a boy to ask you out?? Because really, I think the only chance I could get with him would be through inspiration or something. Maybe if I save his life, he'll realize that we should be, how you say... Friends. And then pen pals, when he leaves on his mission, and eventually eternal companions.
Your thoughts?

-DQ#1

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38