02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: The Journey. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Journey.

34
Over a year and a half ago, I made a decision, and set up a goal. I'd tried this before, and I wanted to do it again, just to see how far I could go.
It was in 2010 that I gave up sugar for good.
This hasn't been an easy choice- you all know that I still have days where it's all I can do to keep from trying just one little bite of cake, ice cream, or anything else, really. Holidays are hard, and social gatherings are even harder. I don't think people realize how big a part food plays in our daily interactions with each other until they find themselves under a restriction.
Now, I realize that this is a restriction that I have given myself; it's a personal choice and I don't have anyone but myself to answer to in regards of this. But, you see, not eating sugar has become part of the fabric that makes me who I am. I am a girl who has had struggles with her weight ever since elementary school. I am a girl who chooses not to eat sugar. I am a girl who is strong in her decisions.
Another reason I am driven to continue this goal, is I feel like somehow it helps other people with their own goals. When I tell people that I don't eat sugar, they are usually taken aback, and after they are finished telling me how crazy I am, they usually tell me how they could never do something like that, and that they appreciate my strength. Hearing that they can't do it makes me sad, because they have such little faith in themselves that they think they can't do something as simple as omitting something from their diet. I was addicted to sugar, too, and I know you can give it up. I've read what it can do to you, and that alone has helped me be strong in several different situations.
Pretty much the biggest reason I gave it up, however, was weight. I knew I was overweight, and that hurt my self-confidence like you wouldn't believe. I felt there was no way I could ever be as pretty as the other, skinnier girls. So I began this journey, keeping the image of a slimmer, healthier, prettier me in mind at all times. It took time, and patience, but I think I've seen some pretty good results from this. See for yourself:
I got this skirt when I was thirteen, and it was a little bit snug. 

Now, 3 yrs later, it's nice to see how one simple decision affected me.
This utterly blew me away, finding out just how much I'd lost. I feel better, I look better, and I AM better. I still have a ways to go, but isn't that great? I just wanted to share that with you today. If you're reading this, thanks for supporting me and not pressuring me to abandon my goals for "one little piece" of anything. YOU helped me achieve this, and I couldn't have done any of it without your encouragement. I love you all.

-DQ#1
35 36 37 38