02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: Life as a vegetarian so far. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Life as a vegetarian so far.

34
So for Lent, I am officially a vegetarian! I didn't think it would be hard, but...
Holy cow I was wrong. Oh. My. Word. How do people LIVE like this on a day-to-day basis? I mean, no turkey lunchmeat? Fine. I can do without. But having to take layer upon layer of roast beef out of your sub at lunch? Not fine, not in the least. Tonight was almost my undoing, however, because we had Panda Express.
And that meant Orange Chicken.
Oh, wowie, that is my favorite thing! It wasn't too hard to pass up the first time around, but when I was cleaning up the food after dinner, I almost caved. I was SO CLOSE to just taking a tiny piece of the succulent chicken, and I reasoned that goals can be broken from time to time, when I stopped.
I did not make this goal to fail it! I did it because I knew it would be a challenge, and I knew I could do it! I am not weak, I am strong, and I WILL be a vegetarian for 40 days, and not any less. I am simply too stubborn-headed to let a simple craving control me! When I thought more about it, I felt extremely dumb for letting something as simple as food sway me- this is why I'm doing it, I guess. To show myself that I can do hard things and I will not let something as small as a main dish hold any power over me whatsoever. So while it can get excruciatingly difficult at times, I have enough stubbornness in me to make it! I'll be a vegetarian until the bitter end.

-DQ#1
35 36 37 38