02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: Extraordinarily deep musings on the new year. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Extraordinarily deep musings on the new year.

34
Another year come and gone. Why does this always make me just a little sad? I think it's because I've become such good friends with the old year that letting it go seems to be so unfair. Or perhaps it's because I'm anxious about the changes that lie ahead for me, and I don't quite know what to do with myself. But somehow, I always seem to be able to make it through, and it all turns out splendidly. This year, though, I'm really worried. I don't know why I keep dwelling on it, but now that I think about it, I'm actually kinda dreading this new year. I'm not ready to do this! I'm just not prepared for all the changes that are waiting for me. This year I will begin my junior year in school, get my driver's license, and turn sixteen. I'm too young to grow up! I think I'm mostly scared because I know that my childhood really is over. In four years I will be twenty, and that's wayy too close for me!
But that's not really why I'm writing to you today. I mainly want to talk about resolutions and stuff like that, okay? I'll continue my freak-fest internally.
It's interesting, how two of my resolutions from last year have stuck with me so well. The first was finishing the Book of Mormon, and after completing that I just have to say I'm sure I've grown as a person. I am so blessed to have this knowledge, and I'm especially glad that I've grown to love the scriptures as much as I do.
The second one was staying off sugar all year. I figured once it was over, I'd go back to eating sugar, but I really think that not eating it has kinda become a part of who I am. Cheesy, I know, but since I've done it for so long, it's a knee-jerk reaction to just stay away. So, cheers to me for being able to do it for one year. Now, on to the second year sugar-free! This should be fun. I like being able to accomplish a goal like that. It makes me feel strong. Some other goals this year are:
Ambitious, no? These will be a challenge, but I think I can do it if I focus enough.  What are your resolutions?

-DQ#1
35 36 37 38