02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: First rehearsal 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

First rehearsal

34
Well guys, it's official... I'm in the Scarlet Pimpernel!! I went to my first rehearsal, and it was great!
Well... After a bit. I got there and was so lost, and I felt so inadequate, I wasn't sure I could do it. But I swallowed my pride, and did it all with a smile on my face! I planned ahead, and wrote down my actor's bio, and then I memorized my lines super quick- I am going to do everything in my power to not slow this production down in any way, shape or form, so I have to be on the ball 24/7. So I got my blocking down, went off-book as fast as I think I ever have, and dove right in. And it was great. I already like the atmosphere, and working with Andrea again is so, so great. Her voicemail alone was enough to keep me confident, and it also helped me give today my all! I guess I did a pretty good job, because I got this text message from Kristin Bowler just a few minutes ago:

"Hey! You were very impressive today. Lines down, bio in hand, accent and attitude perfect. Just sayin' :)"

I enthusiastically thanked her, because that's exactly what I needed to hear. She replied with:

"You were great. This "behavior", for lack of a better word, is what gets people cast in future productions as well. I always tell Trevor "every show you do is an audition for your next show". Andrea knew she could count on you. You were professional and had it all down. Awesome!"

That, my friends, is the icing on the cake. Knowing that I'm doing a good job is what makes me happiest, and even though this is extremely last-minute, I think it will be well worth it. I'm so glad to be back in a play again, and I'm so humbled to know that my directors have so much faith in me. Someone is definitely watching over me and helping. This show will be fantastic!

-DQ#1

Labels:

35 36 37 38