02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: Sass-tastic 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Sass-tastic

34
Folks, if there's one thing you oughta know about me, it's that sometimes I don't play too well with others. If I don't like something, I don't hesitate to make my position known on the matter. Unfortunately, this character flaw doesn't have a "mute" button, which it really should, because sometimes.... Things don't pan out very nicely.
Take today, for instance.
First- lemme back up. In English class, we need to have a Goodreads account so we can submit book reviews and get grades on it. Well, Goodreads happens to be set up like a social network, and there was an option to post pictures. So, naturally, I posted some cute pictures- of me. I'm so vain, I know, I know- but they were CUTE PICTURES, and some of my friends that I was connected with on Goodreads I wasn't on Facebook, so I did the smart thing and posted some pics on there- because everyone needs their fill of "me" cuteness.
Or so I thought.
In hindsight, maybe it wasn't such a bright idea, but it's too late now.
I didn't think anything of it until today, in class. We were discussing deadlines for our online book reviews, and since I just wrote one,  I raised my hand like a polite young studious student and innocently asked,
"Did you get my review? I wrote in on Sunday, so I don't know if you got it, so..." I trailed off, expecting her to either nod in gruff consent or gleefully inform me that yes, she got it, and how marvelously written it was, and then maybe she would hand me a shiny plastic trophy that had been made in China, or something sentimental like that. But no, she settled with this:
"You have to let me know if you've written something like that, so I don't have to look through the news feed. Why did you post pictures?"
She didn't look gleeful, or delighted, or even mildly proud. She looked slightly disgusted. I swallowed, then cockily said,
"Why not?"
She didn't take that too well.
"Goodreads is for BOOKS. It's for people who read BOOKS. It's not a silly social network where you can just post pointless stuff. Do that on Facebook, NOT GOODREADS."
"Well, it's MY account, so I can do it if I want, can't I?"
"Goodreads is for BOOKS. Blah blah blah blah blah (it got kind of dull here, so I'll spare you. It was a bunch of thou-shalt-nots, Goodreads edition)
"Well, at least I wasn't posting pictures of cockroaches..."
She looked pretty angry now, so she dropped it.
Because it wouldn't look good if a Heritage teacher got fired for killing a student with her laser vision.


-DQ#1
35 36 37 38