02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: A big, fat wad of performance stuff. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A big, fat wad of performance stuff.

34
The first item of business is something that is somewhat sad. It involves these things:
 Yes, everyone, these are the famous Jojo Shoes, last seen onstage in Whoville.






These things have been my pride and joy, and every time I've worn them, people who saw the show would come up to me and exclaim, "Oh my gosh, it's the Jojo shoes!! That was such a good show, you did awesome, etc. etc."
Well guys, this ain't gonna happen anymore. Why? Because now they're pink.

No, I did not go crazy and paint them for no reason. They are now Virginia/Mara's shoes for the Pajama Game. They had to be painted in order for me to save money, and it made the most sense. Was it hard for me? Yeah, it got a little tough when I saw the first shoe all pink, and only one shoe was left normal. But it really is for the best, and in a way, this is letting the memories live on for longer. These shoes will just be more theatrically experienced now, and they will have an even more special place-if that's possible.

The next order of business is this: THE PAJAMA GAME IS COMING TO AN END. It feels so weird, knowing that this is almost over when it feels like it has just begun!! Crazy times, my friends. Crazy times.

Last but not least, I auditioned for the Scarlet Pimpernel last night!! I'm anxiously awaiting results, which will be posted tomorrow night. Cross your fingers, peeps!! This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Something that frustrated me about auditioning was the auditionees were acting like this wasn't a for serious audition. They didn't seem to be approaching it with enough of a cool head to do things right. Of course, Julia, McKenzie, Savannah, Geneal, and I weren't acting like that- and I don't mean that in an oh-look-at-us-we're-perfect way at all. This is genuine. I'm glad I have friends (and sisters) who are audition-savvy and don't feel the need to goof off and be dumb just because they know the director. Thanks, girls!! Wow. There are a lot of exclamation points in this. Um, disregard the over-excitement. I'll either be even worse tomorrow or otherwise terribly subdued. I'm hoping for the first. I really, really wanna get this! There's just one conflict... Which I'm sure won't even end up being an issue in the end, but it keeps gnawing at my conscience. Whatever. I'll spill my guts to you tomorrow night, if there's anything worth telling. You can be assured of that, no worries. Well, I'm going to shut up now and leave. Check back tomorrow for more exciting truffles of knowledge!

-DQ#1

Labels:

35 36 37 38