02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: Weddings, weddings, weddings... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Weddings, weddings, weddings...

34

Okay, guys. You had to expect a post like this from me sooner or later, knowing me. I was planning on writing some stuff about weddings anyway, but tonight seemed like the perfect night, because my friend (hold on. Let's say that again: friend. As in, I'm old enough now to HAVE friends who are old enough to GET MARRIED. As in, HITCHED. FOR ETERNITY. Back to the program now-sorry) got married to her love today in the Temple, and I attended her reception!
It was short and beautiful- 6:30-8:30 p.m., and she was absolutely stunning. Her dress was lovely, with a beaded bodice and sheer fabric that draped over her skirt diagonally. Okay, I'm botching the description, but trust me when I say it was beautiful. After about an hour, they cut the cake, smeared their faces with it, and then began the Father/Daughter Mother/Son dance. It was so sweet, what with the groom's mother tearing up, and the bride's father giving her words of advice. Then they had their first dance as a couple, and I about melted right where I sat, because her husband was singing the song to her! *take note, future husband of mine. Take. Note.*
The bouquet tossing? THIS close to catching it. Le sigh.
The garter toss? A three-year-old caught it, and I laughed quite a bit.
Then we saw them off with bubbles, instead of rice! Smart thinking, guys. Very fun. I still have my bubbles!! Watching them drive off was weird for me, even though I don't know either of them super well. I wondered what they were thinking, along the lines of: "Dude. We're married now. Wow."
All in all, it was a perfect evening, and I still have that warm floaty feeling you get when you go to a wedding. It made me excited for that day when I'll get sealed to my eternal companion! Plus, I got some ideas, like having a short reception. Good choice!

-DQ#1
35 36 37 38