02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: Just give up already. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Just give up already.

34
I've been in denial for a while, and I've finally decided to float the white flag and call a truce. Can the two of us exist peacefully together now that we've been apart for so long? I'm willing to hope so, because at this point, I have no choice in the matter. I'm not going to fight anymore. I'm going in gracefully, and hopefully you respect that and won't beat me to death. Just because I'm smaller and weaker than you are, does NOT mean that you can use that against me. That's right, School. I'm coming in prepared this time.
Not even the horrible nightmares will have effect on me this time.
Although, just between us, I could do with a little less of those horrifying I-forgot-my-locker-slash-supplies-slash-schedule-slash-pants dream, okay? Thanks.
If you're wondering what I'm talking about, it's something happening a week from today. Yup. 10th grade. Am I ready for this to happen?
Ha.
Am I okay with this happening?
Eh.
Am I freaking out?
Yes. Yes I am.
You see, from the first day of summer, I've been soaking up every ounce of freedom that I could, refusing to say the S-word (school), and shrieking in pain every time someone else said it. But now? It's pointless, seeing as how we're going to registration tomorrow and getting set for the start of a new sch....sch....sch....school year (see how hard that was?), so I might as well shut my mouth and accept it.
Well, not just yet.
 I did NOT miss going there at all, and I'm not looking forward to going back. My friends all live by me anyway, so I can't really say it's where all my friends are. SO not looking forward to homework. But whatever, hopefully this year will be better than last. Of course, I will miss my 2nd semester History class. That was epic. And my 2nd semester Science. That was a blast. But that's it. End of happiness. I'm not saying Heritage is awful, by golly it's the best school so far, but 9th grade was pretty much a trainwreck. So I'm holding high hopes for 10th grade. Especially Ballroom. I'm really, really excited to take that class. But really, really, REALLY scared at the same time.
Cheers!

-DQ#1
35 36 37 38