02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: In shock. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

In shock.

34
Just a heads up- this post won't be all bubbly and silly, which is characteristic of me, so just bear with me for a little bit, please?
One of my friends from elementary school passed away yesterday morning in a car accident. He would have been 17 this September 11th. I found out just a few moments ago, and I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that he's gone. I remember him so clearly, it seems impossible for this to actually have happened. I have many different memories of him, from preschool all the way up until sixth grade- I've known him for a good chunk of my life.
I remember taking the AIMS test with him, and noticing how I liked the way his brown hair flopped over his forehead, when I became class president and let the boys have a sports day and having him run in all sweaty and gross, even just memories of us teasing each other. It's all too recent, isn't it? It's weird how he's just... not here anymore.
And I know he's in a better place, and I know we'll see each other again, but I keep thinking of how he won't become a father, and how he is gonna miss growing up, and it's so strange to me. We were so close in age.
It kind of freaked me out a bit, because what if that was me? It puts things into perspective a little bit- I'm not invincible. It could literally happen any time, so I need to be living the kind of life I won't regret.
You will be missed, Jeff. Thanks for being a friend.

-DQ#1
35 36 37 38