02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: The American Dream. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The American Dream.

34
We started rehearsals for "The American Dream" today, and I gotta say, it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be! We met each other, played a few warm up games, and then jumped right in with a cold read of the script to start us out. Then we learned our audition songs- If You're Out There for the boys, Popular for the girls. We sang and sang and sang, and then we moved on to the actual audition- and I think I rocked it!! I acted my rear end off whilst singing the audition song, which I think boosted the possibility of me having a good role, because nobody else hardly acted at all- except Geneal, because she is smart, and the last two girls. Then we moved on to dancing, and we danced and danced and danced... etc. It was a hip-hop number, and I wasn't feeling very confident, but... I did awesome at that, also!! We danced and danced some more, and then went back to do our acting auditions. I got to be a melodramatic lady in an acting troupe, and that, my friends, was hilarious to do!
Then it was over, and Geneal and I chatted a bit with our previous director, Andrea!! I miss her so much. We talked about the bombed Les Mis auditions, and how in November there would be a better director doing another audition (The Scarlet Pimpernel- which she is directing. Squeal!!!), and how it will be so much cooler, anyway. Which, you know, is totally true.
Did I mention I'm excited/confident about this all?
Because I am. Most definitely.
In other amazing news...
I BOUGHT OWL CITY'S NEW ALBUM AND I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-DQ#1

Labels:

35 36 37 38