02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: Pantoums 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Pantoums

34
I really don't like pantoums- I suppose there are good ones out there, but I don't like making one from the passages of a book. It's pretty lame, if you ask me. Anywho, here's the pantoum I had to write on Monday, from the book The Hiding Place.
Rise up:
Papa, what is it like to die?
We mustn't let the clock run down.
I feel so sorry for him.
Get back in line!
We mustn't let the clock run down.
Look at Jesus only.
Get back in line!
Thank you for the fleas.
Look at Jesus only.
It will do them such good, Corrie, to care for flowers!
Thank you for the fleas.
You and I... Always together.
Papa, what is it like to die?
It will do them such good, Corrie, to care for flowers!
You and I... Always together.
I feel so sorry for him.

I wish I could say this was really deep and striking to me, but it was boring. Perhaps pantoums and I are not meant to be...

-DQ#1

Labels:

35 36 37 38