02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: A story? Yes, please! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A story? Yes, please!

34
This weekend, my choir and I went to California, to sing our little hearts out at none other than Disneyland! We also performed at a local school, Los Alamitos. Now, without further ado, may I present to you...
CALIFORNIA IN PHOTOS!


First off, we saw a snail.
Then we listened to- and performed for- the Los Alamitos Show Choir, and lemme just say... It was the single most amazing choir I have ever heard/seen IN MY LIFE. The sound was so powerful, you could almost see the music pouring from them, and the dance steps were so crisp and clean, we were all beside ourselves. It's no wonder they have been named the Grand National Champions more than once, now, is it? That picture, by the way is just a third of their wall. Just so ya know. You'd expect them to be smug and snooty, but they were some of the nicest teenagers I've met, despite the revealing outfits and desire to make out with their sweethearts at every opportunity. Then, we had their director teach us a song, and we sounded pretty kick-bum, if I do say so myself.
Then we went to the beach.

It was lovely.
After taking a brief nap in the bus, we went to Pirates Dinner Adventure.
As you can see, it was very fun. After that, we went to where we would spend the night in a lovely, lovely hotel, endured the usual drama that seems to follow me everywhere I go (no comment on your part or mine), and then slept blissfully. Then we went to the happiest place on earth. I'll skip the rides and get to what you really want- the performance. All the songs went perfectly, and then we came to my solo, "Ain't no mountain high enough". I got up, started singing, and then forgot the lyrics. I instantly felt the most extreme disappointment I think I've ever had, and struggled internally for the rest of the song. As soon as we walked off stage, I began to cry. I cried because I was tired, my feet were sore, and because of the adrenaline, but most of all because the very thing I had been wanting and craving since 7th grade- a solo- had been ruined for me IN DISNEYLAND because of a few stupid lyrics. The people who saw me crying told me they couldn't tell and that I did well anyway, but I was still crushed. Oh well, maybe I'm just a diva.

-DQ#1
35 36 37 38