02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: reasons not to share 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

reasons not to share

34
I'm a reasonable person, and I get that sharing is a good thing. But not always, especially when your overall health and well-being is on the line.
On Tuesday I brought a water bottle to school with me, clever little angel that I am. My friend though... didn't. So all through class she was whining and whining about how terribly thirsty she was, and finally I gave up and shoved the stupid liquid at her face, expecting her to waterfall, which is something civilized people do. Not in this case. Nope, my bottle got cooties. Gross, right? Well, I didn't see the cootifying of my water because I was busy being an obedient and well-behaved student, and therefore drank from it, too.

Turns out she was getting sick, unbeknownst (sp?) to her.

But I noticed, when in the middle of the night I woke up in excruciating pain. So I staggered over to the teatree bottle to disinfect my throat and kill the offending germs. Instantly, I felt relief. But I didn't get there soon enough to kill everything, because I could still very much feel it the next morning. This was war... and in this battle only I could win. I decided to vanquish these demons once and for all! So I gulped down four pills full of goodness (vitamin C/ echinacea), took some On Guard, and waltzed off to school with more water and teatree. I kicked that colds butt, if I do say so myself. But the battlefield was still left damaged. My throat's delicate balance had been shifted, and I lost my singing voice temporarily. Which kind of stinks when you:
A. Have choir
B. Have a major part in a musical which requires singing
C. ALL OF THE ABOVE.
So here's to hoping I get better!!
-DQ#1
35 36 37 38