02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: Time to break out the wrinkle cream... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Time to break out the wrinkle cream...

34

We've all been mistaken age-wise, yes? I definitely have. While holding my baby brother somebody asked me is he was mine. Okay, okay, that really doesn't have a lot to do with how old I am in this day and age, sadly enough. But you get my drift. Give or take, people can be off a few years, and maybe it's because of the way we look, but I don't think I look old, do I? In a three-year-old's eyes, I'm older than you'd think.
I was watching a few little kids in my neighbors backyard while the mom went to drop off her little brother at music lessons. Thing 1 ran over to play with them, and I called him over to talk to him. After he left, this little girl walks up to me, points to him and says:
"So is he your grandson?"
Am I the only one totally blown away by this statement? For a minute I was too shocked to laugh. I quickly recovered and answered that no, he was not my grandson but my little brother. I really hope she was just mixed up, because she asked me that twice. I'm not even a mother yet, and I look like a Grannie. Should I be concerned?

-DQ#1
35 36 37 38