02 03 The Rhineheart Roost: A Melancholy Farewell. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Melancholy Farewell.

34

Well, it's official. We're moving. Bedrooms, I mean. Can you hear the sadness and reluctance in my tone? No? Well, read the first sentence again, and this time make it sound sad. Good job! Anyway, I got up this morning, and I heard a discussion. Being the nosy person I am, I went over to have a listen and I heard the [dreadful] news. Try as I might, I had no say in the matter, so I couldn't do a thing. Everyone else was all for it. I suppose it was just my stubbornness kicking in. I just don't really like change. So without further ado, I will show you what I'm going to miss. You may have to tilt your head for a few pictures. Just saying.
I'm really gonna miss my bed setup- cozy, in a corner. The walls are pretty much always cold, which feels just right. I also sleep with two body pillows, one on each side. And I like to jam my pillow up against the wall. Not happening anymore, thanks to the new arrangement.
I'm going to miss having my side table where it's always been with its trademark layer of dust and junk. It will probably be different where I'm going soon.

I'm going to miss my cute little nook, which is really not something I use too terribly often, but I've always liked having it there. If I pinned up a sheet, it would be my own little tiny room. I never did it, but the thought alone was comforting. And it is mine. All mine. No one else payed attention to it, which made it all the more intriguing.

I'm going to miss my dresser, which will probably have to go, so we'll use one big one instead. :( Maybe.

Heck, I'm going to miss my doorknob. The only one in this house of its kind. Is that weird, saying I'm going to miss a doorknob of all things?
So that is the list of [pretty much] all of the things I will miss from my old room. And, I'm still not at all sure what I'll think of the new room. All I can say is, it's not the same. Not even close.

-DQ#1
35 36 37 38